I know this is personal stuff, so you can email me and I will post your response anonymously.
After I get a sufficient amount of responses, I am going to create a chart with the top listed medications. I hope this will be helpful to some. I know reading about what meds other people with Fibro took helped to assist me in choosing my medication regiment.
1. Fluoxetine (Prozac; for depression, also helps with pain), Clonazapem (Klonipin; sleep aid, anxiety), Sumatriptan (Imitrex; for Migrains), Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril; muscle relaxer), Hydrocodone (rarely; for pain), Nexium (for GERD), Osteomanipulative Therapy (OMT; for pain and flexibility), occasional deep tissue massages (for stiffness), and acupuncture. Fifty jumping-jacks a day, when I am up to it, and utilizing a rowing motion with my arms to increase flexibility and circulation also significantly reduce stiffness and pain. Swimming would be optimal, however, as it is also a full-body workout, and in addition, it places little stress on one’s bones.
2. For me Cymbalta seems to work best, although it is an anti-depressant, it helps with the widespread pain. I take Ultram for the pain too, though it doesn’t really kill the pain, just seems to take the edge off. I also take a low dose of Xanax when I feel anxiety. Also, Headache Relief Excedrin for in between the Ultram, and when headaches are the issue. I have to take Pepcid AC every day to keep the acid reflux at bay. If I stretch every day before I get out of bed, starting with pushing the small of my back into the mattress, then releasing, I seem to feel much, much better. I think the key is to take everything slow and try not to overdo it. Most of us Fibro sufferers were very active before and it is very hard not to think we can do what we want, when we want. Hot baths and a microwave hot rice-filled, lavender scented wrap are wonderful for really bad days.
- Fibro Fog (the brain stealing part of Fibromyalgia) (dailylifewithfibromyalgia.com)
- The Fibro Fighter (and another Award) (infinitesadnessorwhat.wordpress.com)
- Repost: Fibromyalgia and How it Relates to Stress, Depression, and Social Isolation (risablairlovitz.com)
- Fighting a Fibromyalgia Flare with EFT (coastalhealthinfoservice.com)
- Fibromyalgia: Why it Really Hurts (risablairlovitz.com)
- Fibromyalgia Symptoms (z00lie.wordpress.com)